We will be holding a digital tournament via Zoom to end the 2019-2020 season.
Here is some preliminary information to help you begin planning for this tournament:
Name: OCDL End of Year Online Tournament
Date: Saturday, May 23rd
Number of Rounds: 4
Keeping endangered species in captivity does more good than harm.
USMCA is better than NAFTA.
The internet should be a public utility.
On balance, distance learning is better than traditional learning.
Changes – Because of the digital format, the following changes from standard OCDL tournaments will occur:
- No judge training will occur at the tournament
- No preparation time, beyond the time it takes to distribute students into various debate rooms, will be given
- Students will not be required to copy their arguments/cases to colored paper and will be allowed to read directly from printed papers or electronic devices if they choose
- Students will be encouraged to self-time
- A modified rubric has been created and will be distributed. The presentation column of the rubric will state expectations for online presentation skills
- There will be no awards ceremony
- Awards will be reduced and announced by email or published to the OCDL website
- Ballot distribution and return will require judges to submit their scores directly to Tabroom